Saturday 3 November 2018

NaNo Days 2&3: rolling onwards

So yesterday I was at a conference and didn't write a single NaNo word. Hence the buffer on Day 1, of course.
Today I recuperated from the busy day, but didn't get home until about four, and didn't start my writing until about half past five. It's now ten minutes past seven, and I managed to pour out 2,390 words in that hour and a half. And 2,390 words will be my score for today, because my brain now feels like it is fried to a crisp.

In the actual writing, I realised I'd forgotten to add my main characters main hobby; musing about situations that will probably never happen. I'd given myself this option to add such musings in between the main actions, so when I feel like doing something a little bit different, I can add a standalone 'mini story' in between the main story to get some words down, without actually disrupting the storyline. I wrote the first of these during a 30 minute word war, it turned out to be 1,414 words (47 words per minute). If they all turn out around that size, I could reach the daily goal just writing a side-story, if needs be. And, if all goes well, they'll even fit into the main story line!

For now, no more NaNo, just dinner, relaxing series, and an early night.

ETA: I just realised I hadn't added my total word count so far, even though you can of course calculate that for yourself; 5,861 words. That means I've reached two achievement badges by now; 1,667 words and 5,000 words. 10,000 words is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment