Monday 26 November 2018

NaNo Days 25 & 26: Winner!

So yeah, I won! I don't know if I've ever won on Day 26 before, it feels awfully early, but I can't be bothered to check right now. 50,196 words in total, according to the NaNoWriMo website. I actually wrote 4,006 words today, all on the write-in at IKEA, where I'm also writing this from. My last word war I wrote 57 words per minute, so it was a sprint to the finish.
Somehow, winning feels better when you do it amongst fellow Wrimos, with also the Discord channel to cheer you on. I got several congratulations, both real life and online, which makes the win feel more real.
Concerning my story; yeah, it ended how it's supposed to end. They get each other, they kiss, all is well with the world. Although there are some nice parts, some pretty neat dialogue, and even some stupid in-jokes I didn't actually plan for, I can safely say I will never ever do anything with this story again. And I probably won't ever write romance again either. But I got to 50,000 words in a month (a month? 26 days!) and that's what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment