Sunday 18 November 2018

NaNo Days 11 to 18: Flat and up

Last week was week 2 of NaNoWriMo, also known as Hell Week. The week where you come to the realisation that 50,000 really is a lot, your story is actually not as great/funny/exciting as you thought, your characters are all a bit meh, and you can't for the life of you remember why you ever thought doing NaNo was a good idea.
I didn't really suffer very much from Hell Week this year, mostly because I didn't actually have the time to write anyway. But I kind of foresaw this happening, and put in a nice buffer of 4,000 words on day 11, followed by three days of not writing. Not even thinking about writing, to be honest. By day 14 I was 1,000 words behind par. Nothing to worry so far, as on day 16 I did another write-in that gained me 3,500, which, combined with the 2,500 words I wrote yesterday, puts me right back on track. It does make for an interesting stats chart:

We are now on day 18, par is 30,000 words and I started today at 30,049. So yay me!
I haven't written a single NaNo word yet, but I hope to put in at least 1,000 before I have other things on my mind (company, films, chocolate). Somehow, this year's November seems more filled with social events than any other November ever was. Must remember not to have a social life next year.
I put up bird food a couple of days ago as the temperatures have turned to freezing around here, and I am now joined by a colourful crew of fluttering birds outside my window. The cats are too invested in staying warm to go outside, so my feathered company is quite safe. And distracting, but in a good way.
Anyway, time to write something that actually counts towards my wordcount!

No comments:

Post a Comment