Tuesday 10 April 2018

Camp NaNo Days 3 to 10: ups and flats

You thought I'd given up by now, right? Writing a novel in April, when work is busy, the weather is turning balmy and you want to be outside as much as possible? Insane! But yet, I'm still doing it.
True, I had some no-writing days in between, but these were planned, as my goal was only 20,000 words. I am currently, on day 10, before I start my writing of the day, at... (drumroll)... 8,388 words! That is almost halfway! And the month isn't even halfway yet!
Stats, because who doesn't love them:

Blurry stats, the bars are my wordcount, the line is the projected wordcount to make a steady pace to 20,000 words.
It goes up a bit shakily, but there you are. Ups and flats, as there are no downs in NaNo (unless your laptop gets burgled and you didn't have a backup, but let's not get into that...).
My average per day is still 838, while I should write 667 to keep up. Now I know there will be a couple of days this week that I won't be able to write, so the goal tonight is to get to 10,000, which is where I should be on day 15. That gives me some room to bide time until the weekend, when writing will commence again in full swing.
Enough with this blog update, I will now get back to writing what I'm actually supposed to. Sorry for the 'mostly numbers' update, I'll get back with some more content when I feel like I can actually waste the time to meta-write!

ETA: I finished at 10,164 words tonight. It took a while, but I got there!

No comments:

Post a Comment