Wednesday 11 November 2015

NaNo Days 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11: Working like mad

So on the 7th and 8th day of NaNoWriMo, I was still pretty sick, and then pretty busy trying to get all the things done that I didn't have time for while being sick. Which didn't leave me a lot of time for NaNo writing. I was still ahead of the set word count, but losing ground fast.
I managed to make up for lost time on the 9th day, Monday, when I wrote a lot during the evening. Yesterday, Tuesday, was crazy busy: I had lots of work, then went to Rotterdam (2.5 hours by train), did work things from 15:00 until 22:00, and then drove back with a colleague. No time to write, you'd think, but the crucial hint is in the 2.5 hours of train time. I worked for about 1 hour, until I'd done all the things I could do without a proper wifi connection, and then I wrote. I wrote 2,962 words in 1.5 hours. This has to be some sort of record for writing on trains. Also, it put me at almost 20,000 words. Then this morning I had to get up really early again and do lots of other work things, and when I got home I had to pack for my trip to Iceland coming Friday (which will also have a major impact on my writing possibilities, but I'll tackle that one when it arrives). So now I'm pretty tired and without inspiration, but I did put in another 500 words, because the NaNo magic is in keeping up on your writing, even if it is just 500 words. So now I'm at 20,102 words, which is 98 words over what I should be at tomorrow. Still a little bit of leeway, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'm aiming for keeping up with the required word count for the next few days, which is all I can hope for, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment