Friday 6 November 2015

NaNo Days 5 & 6: Writing when ill

So then I got sick. Nothing major, mainly a sore throat, dizziness, ringing in my ears, and muscles that felt like I'd run a marathon. Probably the flu, or a minor form of the flu, because I never get really really ill, but it's enough to stay at home from work. Which would make you think it's perfect to catch up on some writing, but again; too ill for that. Nevertheless, I managed to keep up with, and ahead of, the daily recommended word counts.
Yesterday I wrote about 2,200 words, mainly because I got back to one of the characters that I really like, so the writing went easier (I have 10 pov (point of view) characters that I visit in turn). So far today I've written 1,785 words, putting me at 12,142 words in total. I'm not sure how much of it will make sense when I read it again, but it's about the output, not the quality. Along the way, I've been jotting down lots of little notes and things on my characters, because some of them are starting to blend into each other. Which means I've probably written a lot more, but that's not part of the actual story, it's more back story.
I hope to write another chapter tonight, if only to give me the proper head start I will need when I go to Iceland next Friday. And then tomorrow we'll see; hopefully I'll feel a lot better, and I'll be able to pull ahead even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment