Friday 20 April 2018

Camp NaNo Days 11 to 20: quarts and thirds

Wow, this April is going by fast! Just a minute ago we were at day 10, and suddenly we're a third of the way through at day 20. Of those 10 days in between, I spent a total of 7 days not writing. That does not sound like a very productive NaNo, but strangely enough, I am just100 words shy of 15,000, which means I'm three quarters of the way through!
I've been going through in leaps and bounds, writing 1,000+ words on some days and nothing at all on others. This would never work with the 'real' NaNo, and is in fact in direct violation of the 'idea' of NaNo; make time every day to write, but it does work for this Camp NaNo. With only 5,000 words and 10 days to go, I feel pretty confident I am going to make this. Also, because I didn't write every day, and just on those moments I could actually find the time to sit down and hammer out big chunks of chapters, I feel like I should be able to keep up this routine when we get to May. This is far less demanding on my time and mind, giving me the space to actually develop the story and the characters in between. I should have thought of doing this camp thing years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment