Saturday 28 April 2018

Camp NaNo Days 21 to 28: Winner!

Yes! I did it! 20,027 words in a month filled with almost every social engagement and work obligation known to man!
This was not easy going. If I'd optioned for the full 50,000, I never would have made it. 25,000 words may have been possible, but even as it is I had to do some of my writing on my work laptop on the train towards a meeting...
Combined, this must be the wonkiest word count graph I have ever had:


But who cares? I got there in the end. And not totally the end, of course; my personal deadline in my head is always two days ahead of the official deadline.
So, what is next? Hopefully, to continue writing. My story is only about a third of the way through, I'm still liking (and discovering more about) my characters, and the main problem has not even come close to being resolved. Enough work left to do, and as always I'm optimistic about keeping it up, but the reality is I have so far never managed to actually do that. The difference between April and November is that the latter is followed by holiday-filled December, while the former is followed by going-into-summer-relaxation May. So maybe things will be different this time around.
For now, I'm just going to enjoy my achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment