Monday 23 July 2018

Camp NaNo Days 10 to 23: still writing!

I'm still writing! Not so much at/for/on this blog, I have to admit, but the Camp NaNo is still going strong. I just finished my writing session at 16,161 words today, not because I didn't know what to write anymore, but because it was just such a beautiful number to finish on.
My NaNo writing has been going in leaps and bounds, with me being 3,000 words ahead of par on Day 11, and then staying on that number for five consecutive days, thus eating up all of the buffer I'd written. But this was all planned; my July weekends are filled with festivals, birthdays, and other social events, so on the days I do write, I aim to put in at least 1,000 words to stay ahead (my suggested daily goal is 646).
The weather is still very beautiful, sunny and warm, so I spend those writing evenings outside, writing in the cooling air and under a darkening sky. My stats page tells me that 'at this rate I will finish by July 29th', let's see if that will be come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment