Sunday 24 June 2018

Camp NaNo 2018 - The sequel

Camp NaNoWriMo isn't only held in April, you can also take part in July. Which feels weird, because July has 31 days to November's and April's 30, so you get an extra day to accomplish the same feat. But who am I to complain?
So this July, I will head back to Camp. Although, can you call it 'going back to' when you're not actually talking about a physical place, but a website with reshuffled cabins? Not sure, but the image works, also because I will be returning to the story I wrote for the April camp (which is the rewrite of my 2015 NaNo novel). I put down the main storyline in April, and now I will be adding the background chapters for each main character, which will hopefully fit in between. And if they don't, I will try not to fiddle with the stuff I already wrote in April, because that will not get me more words, just a more fluent story. And as we all know, the purpose of NaNoWriMo in any form is just output, not a pretty story.
I've set my aim at 20,000 again, not because July will be a busy month (unlike April) but because I've never written in the height of summer. At the moment, the weather is 13 degrees and rainy, but that will probably turn to warm and sunny by the end of the week. Let's see if I'll keep up with my writing when I can also be sitting outside, in the sun, enjoying a novel someone else wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment