Tuesday 6 November 2012

Japanese stamps

I've written about the stamps I get with my Postcrossing cards before, but never got around to showing you some more. Since that post, I've added a little line to my profile saying that I love beautiful and unique stamps, and the amount of special stamps I've received has gone up quite sharply. Germany, Finland, and the US seem to make it quite difficult to get any other than the 'standard' stamp, but many other countries do have beautiful stamps which I've been enjoying greatly.
Now one country I didn't mention in the original post is Japan (I did refer to a Hello Kitty stamp I had somewhere). Looking back I find this a bit surprising, as cards from Japan generally include the most beautiful stamps. So here I give you some examples, drawn from the 12 Japanese cards I have received so far (I've combined several cards' stamps):

I love this beautiful astrological series (on 2 different cards). They have some sort of glitter effect that you can't see on the scan, but is very nice. I hope to receive more of them!

A cute shaped teddy-bear stamp, I haven't seen many shaped stamps before.

Combined stamps of 2 cards, they look typically Japanese to me (except maybe the fox).

This one also looks like the beautiful Japanese art work that was on the front of the card.

The first of the Hello Kitties, with some more Japanese art work (2 separate cards).


Another Hello Kitty stamp. I like it, but I loooove the one with the cranes on the left...

And finally this huge selection of stamps. Together they get to 70 yen, which appears to be the correct rate, only the astrological signs and the first Hello Kitty are 80 yen.

I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did, and I hope to show you some more stamps in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment