Saturday 28 April 2012

Nothing to-do

It's official; for the first time since last September, my to-do list is empty. I have nothing to-do!
And it feels good. It feels like some weight has been lifted, like I'm free, can do what I want.
It also feels tiring; I think I need a looooong sleep.
It also makes me kinda twitchy; I'm bad at doing nothing. I think I might even be a bit of a workaholic. Luckily for me, there are 2 huuuge essays waiting at the end of this semester, and at 5,000 words they're of equal length to my BA dissertation, and that took me a whole semester, so writing two of those in about 3 weeks will be interesting. And then, of course, there is the dreaded MA thesis. Which I'm already preparing for now, even though I don't start until September, because that's the way I am.
I do have some good news on that front; I will be writing my thesis on Jane Austen. I won't tell you the specific topic, because I'm not 100% sure myself, and also because I don't want to jinx the thing, but I am very very happy about it. So I can work on my thesis proposal as well, if I really need something to do.
See? I'm completely crazy, I have the first free weekend in months, and already I'm trying to find things to keep my mind occupied.
It's a good thing I will be going to Paris for a week, because there I can't do anything, even if I wanted to (although I am bringing my modern theatre book, but reading plays hardly counts as "studying", right?). So there's packing, and arranging the last few things, and then tomorrow we take a train and do noooothing for a week. Except walk around in one of the best cities of Europe, and visit museums, and eat in great restaurants, and, and, and... Okay, maybe we will do stuff. But that's different, of course.
And when I get back, I will have another huuuge work assignment waiting for me, which will freak me out and throw me in a haze of business, and then I will wish I had nothing to do! Ah, the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment