Friday 12 October 2012

Postcards revisited

It's been a while since I told you about the great postcards I'm receiving, so I thought I'd do a bit of a 'revisited' post, where I can highlight new editions to categories I've already posted about.
These include (linking back to the original posts for those who missed them):
To start with the first one, I have received some truly magnificent Alice in Wonderland cards over the past few months.
RU-1039418 received 4 July 2012
A really really old and really really worn (and dirty!) Alice postcard from Russia. My guess is that this thing is actually around 60 years old, and that the sender picked it up second-hand somewhere. It says "Alice in Wonderland" in Russian on the back.

UA-322450 received 20 August 2012
RU-1206945 received 29 September 2012

Not sure what to make of these two, the first one looks a bit dollish and the second one a bit messy, really. I've also received another card from the series I was so happy about in my original Alice in Wonderland post:

HK-85992 received 8 October 2012

I have received so many arty cards (Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh...) I could never show them all to you, so I will stick to the really interesting ones:

DE-12216081 received 1 February 2012
 This card was send to me by a German baby (more likely, his mother) who profoundly excused himself for not having a 'proper' card. I think this is one of the most beautiful cards I've received, it shows a collage from an art exhibition in Bremen.

RU-77975317 received February 2012
I love cats, I love poppies, I love the style of this artist, I love all her work.

Sadly enough, no more street art cards, but then the Samuel Beckett one will be hard to beat anyway.

In home-made cards, I've received several photographs-turned-postcard, and one creative actual postcard made by an art student that shows the sender:

 CN-523820 received 8 February 2012
 but the absolute winner is this one:

US-1704636 received 12 June 2012
It's made of various colourful circles which really give the card some texture, I can't imagine how much work went into making it!

Finally I've received several more Beatrix Potter cards, some duplicates, and one I really like:
JP-311676 received 25 September 2012
basically because Benjamin Bunny is my favourite Potter character (tied with Tom Kitten).


So in contrast to what you might be thinking after my long silence on the topic, my Postcrossing is still going very strong! And these are just a couple of the categories I collect, there's also forests (including autumn colours), books and book covers, poems, cats, owls and other birds, special weather (lightning, the Northern Lights), baking, and of course, tea! Have a look in my received gallery if you've become curious (or jealous :p)!

No comments:

Post a Comment