Saturday 10 March 2012

Iced Lemon Curd Layer Cake

Today clearly was the first day of spring, and also the first day in a long time that didn't have to do anything for my studies (doesn't mean that I didn't do anything, it just means I didn't have to). So I decided to make a Lemon cake, and because I'd recently bought lemon curd, and because everybody loves icing, it had to be an Iced Lemon Curd Layer Cake. I stole the recipe from the BBC, and as I followed it exactly, I will not bother repeating it but just send you to look it up for your self. (You can of course make the lemon curd by hand, but if you've just bought a jar, that is kinda pointless, but feel free to try!)
So the top of my cake became a bit bubbly and wobbly, which leaves for some areas without icing, but you have to admit that it looks pretty good!

Jummy cake, jummy lemon curd, jummy icing!
 It tasted fresh and fruity and springy, which made it perfect for this wonderful bright, sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment